Garbage and Recycling
Visit the Regional District of Kitimat Stikine website for more information about garbage, recycling and organics guidelines.
- Bring to the curb no later than 8 am
- No more than 50 lbs per bag
- Use clear garbage bags only; all other bags will not be picked up
- Follow all recycling and organics guidelines.
If any recycling or food waste is found in your garbage, it will not be picked up!
Do not include the following in your recycling:
- Soft plastics such as: bread bags, shopping bags, plastic cover wrap on water bottles, etc are not to be in your recyclables.
- Glass jars
If any of these items are found in your recycling, it will not be picked up!
You can bring these items to Do-Your-Part recycling in Thornhill to recycle them. Or put them in the garbage.
- To the curb no later than 8 am
- Container must be no more than 50lbs
- All food waste must be placed in a rigid, lidded container
- Bags that have ‘compostable’ logos on them are accepted (plastic or paper).
- Any biodegradable labelled bags will not be accepted as that type of plastic does not truly break down.
Contact the Kitselas Public Works, Housing & Infrastructure Department with any questions about garbage and recycling collection.
Download the Recycling Directory for the Terrace Area for more recycling options.