Garbage and Recycling
Visit the Regional District of Kitimat Stikine website for more information.
- Bring to the curb no later than 12noon
- No more than 50 lbs per bag
- Use clear garbage bags only; all other bags will not be picked up
- Follow all recycling and organics guideline
- If any recycling or food waste is found in your garbage, it will not be picked up!
Do not include the following in your recycling:
- Soft plastics such as: bread bags, shopping bags, plastic cover wrap on water bottles, etc are not to be in your recyclables.
- Glass jars
If any of these items are found in your recycling, it will not be picked up!
You can bring these items to Do-Your-Part recycling in Thornhill to recycle them. Or put them in the garbage.
Download the Recycling Directory for the Terrace Area for more recycling options.
• To the curb no later than 10:00am
• Container must be no more than 50lbs
• All food waste must be placed in a rigid, lidded container
• Bags that have ‘compostable’ logo’s on them are accepted (plastic or paper).
• Any biodegradable labelled bags will not be accepted as that type of plastic does not truly break down.
Kitselas garbage and recycling collection is overseen by the Kitselas Public Works, Housing & Infrastructure Department.