Obtaining a Fishing Designation Card
- Bring your Kitselas status card to the Kitselas Lands & Resource Office.
- The membership clerk will verify your status card and provide you with Kitselas fishing rules and regulations.
- You sign the fishing designation form after understanding and agreeing to the rules and regulations.
- You receive a fishing designation card.
Fishing Rules & Regulations
- Kitselas members’ name and number clearly visible on both ends of gillnet.
- Fisher present at all times when the net is getting picked.
- Fishing allowed two days (48 hours straight) once a week. Week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
- Submit your total catch data to the FSC Fisheries monitors, or call the Kitselas Lands & Resources Office. Data you must report includes: species caught and number of fish, for example, 8 Sockeye, 3 Chinook.
Reporting Complaints & Illegal Activity
If you have a complaint or see illegal activity, provide as much information as possible to the Kitselas Lands & Resources Office, such as:
- Make of vehicle or boat
- License plate number(s)
- Full description of, or name of person or persons
- Time of activity
- Location of activity